What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a medical, hands-on approach to relieving pain and restoring function. Physiotherapy services include a broad range of treatment approaches that can help individuals live supported, strong, and mobile lives. Physiotherapists are medical experts in musculoskeletal and neurological conditions and work closely with physicians, strength & conditioning coaches, massage therapists, and additional practitioners to support your health.
Our Kelowna-based physiotherapists evaluate your movement patterns, identify the cause of your pain, and work with you to eliminate it. While every client’s condition and pain is unique, your physiotherapist will use a variety of gentle hands-on techniques, exercises, and equipment to relieve pain quickly and restore your function to optimum levels. The overall goal is to restore pain-free mobility and function and to prevent the injury or pain from recurring.
Conditions We Treat:
At Affinity Family Wellness, we treat any condition related to joints, muscles or nerves for all age groups, with pelvic health being a specific area of focus. If you are unsure if your problem can be addressed by us, please feel free to give us a call or email us. Some examples of conditions we treat are:
- Neck & back pain and stiffness
- Nerve impingement, such as sciatica
- Sports injuries, such as ankle or knee sprains, shoulder pain
- Overuse injuries, such as carpal tunnel syndrome or Achilles tendinitis
- Whiplash following a car accident
- Back pain due to weak pelvic floor muscles
- Pre/Post Natal Pelvic Health conditions
- Soft Tissue Release
- Manual Therapy
- Customized Exercise Prescription
Affinity Family Wellness services provides Kelowna and area with orthopaedic rehabilitation – a branch of physiotherapy that specializes in the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of the musculoskeletal system, which includes pathology or dysfunction of bones, muscles, cartilage, tendons, ligaments, and joints. This branch of physiotherapy also addresses motor-injury and workplace accidents in BC. Treatment of musculoskeletal conditions may include any or all of the following practices: soft tissue treatments, joint mobilization/manipulation, exercise prescription, modalities, patient education, and needling techniques.
Physiotherapists in this realm specialize in the management of a variety of injuries including those caused by motor vehicle accidents, work-place injuries, slips and falls, overuse injuries, as well as managing pre- and post-operative care.
When to See a Physiotherapist
Affinity Family Wellness’ integrated offering of physiotherapy services provides an effective approach to resolving pain, maximizing athletic performance, healing injuries, and optimizing functional movement.
You may consider calling us if you:
- Are seeking sports-based injury treatment
- Are experiencing an overuse injury
- Are seeking treatment for dizziness or vertigo
- Will be undergoing surgery in the foreseeable future
- Are seeking treatment for joint, muscular, or nerve pain
- Are looking to promote long-term wellbeing, mobility, and strength
- Plan on becoming pregnant, are pregnant, or have given birth in the past
- Have changes in the physical demands put on your body, such as working from home
- Are undergoing accident injury recovery, and are seeking claim-based support & management
- Are seeking support and drug-free pain-management for a structural condition that limits your daily movement and comfort
- Are seeking relief and symptom management for chronic headaches and migraines
- Are seeking pain and symptom management for arthritis, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, or fibromyalgia
- Have experienced a head injury, suspect you have had a concussion, or have been diagnosed with a concussion
50-minute Orthopaedics assessment and treatment $110
30-minute Orthopaedics treatment $80